Wednesday, April 23, 2008

20 Questions

When people find out you are pregnant, there's a standard series of questions asked: When are you due? Have you been sick? Will you find out the sex?

But the one that I get the most is "Are you having any cravings?" And when I answer "no," I often am met with disbelief -- but the truth is, I'm just plain hungry. Not hungry for anything specific, usually.

While I'm not craving anything persay, I am enjoying food much more. Perhaps its that killer sense of smell finally working its way to affect my taste buds, but the cantaloupe I had this afternoon was the most perfect-tasting melon I've ever had. So much so, that I felt compelled to e-mail my colleagues with a public service announcement for cantaloupe.

Then, immediately following the cantaloupe incident, one of my colleagues let me in on a delicious drink recipe. See, at our office, we get free bagels, cheez-its, animal crackers, bread, cheese, coffee, soda, crystal light...the list goes on and on (they keep us happy in the smallest of ways).

Agatha introduced me to lemon-flavored crystal light with a splash of sprite on top. And now, I can't get enough of it. It's seriously so refreshing, I could guzzle a gallon. (But I won't, b/c I know I have to watch my sugar).

So, while I'm not "craving" things, persay -- maybe my intense food enjoyment is my "weird food thing" for my pregnancy. Let's just hope it doesn't go away in 6 months!

No comments: