Thursday, April 10, 2008

The sweetest sound

Yesterday, Stephen and I had our second doctor's visit, where we heard the sweetest sound -- our baby's heart beat. Well...not until after we heard my blackberry causing interference with the doppler equipment (ha), but then, once that subsided, that little, fast thumping was there.

Loud and strong, it put the goofiest smile on my face. It's really real! There's a baby in there! And he/she has a heart already, pumping to help him/her grow.

It's hands-down the coolest thing I've ever heard. We now also have only two months until the full-on ultrasound to hopefully see whether our little strawberry is a boy or a girl. Let the countdown begin!

2 comments:

Inspired Kara said...

What a little blessing! I am so excited for you!

hsupp said...

Congrats! We're looking forward to following the development of what's sure to be a beautiful Bean!