It's getting to be that time in my pregnancy...when my pants will button, but only if I'm standing up; when my regular shirts are starting to look a little silly; and when the bella band has become a daily necessity, not just a "just in case" item any more.
For some women, I'm sure this is a ball -- getting all new clothes sounds fun, but along with the "getting" comes the PAYING. And, dealing with small selections. I've been very fortunate to have kind family who've shared maternity clothes with me, given me gift cards, and even taken me on shopping trips, but it's still not as "fun" as you might think it'd be.
Yes, the clothes are cute - but it's literally torture to walk past window displays and racks of bright, trendy summer fashions to walk back to the maternity section. Kohl's even placed their maternity section NEXT TO THE SWIMSUITS...so while I'm contemplating if people can tell I'm preggo vs. just thick around the middle, I get to stare at pristine, white, plastic mannequins with 6-pack abs showcasing the latest string bikini. Nice, eh?
I am grateful that the majority of my pregnancy will be in one season - "warm" -- so I won't need a lot of new clothes, hopefully -- but "warm" weather also means bare arms, swim suits and shorts/skirts. Which means I'll be EXPOSED...without any chance of 6-pack abs. Ack!
At my recent trip to Kohl's, the woman ringing up my purchase offered her unsolicited opinion about how too many girls are wearing tighter maternity outfits and "showing off their bellies," which apparently disgusted her. I think preggo bumps are beautiful, and I can't wait for mine to arrive in full force.
To her dismay, I plan to wear my bump proudly this summer, even if it means I'm spending money and baring my soon-to-be swollen limbs -- I'll be damned if you catch me wearing a tent. :)
Friday, May 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Amen, sister!
Post a Comment