This weekend, I'm going away...but, it's not as glamorous as it sounds. You see, I'm banished from my house for the weekend, as we've hired a painter to finally get rid of the previous owner's light lavender walls throughout our great room/kitchen, as well as the deep purple accent wall down our stairway, as well as our bedroom, as well as the hallways, as well as the ceilings. That's a lot of paint.
Paint = fumes. Fumes = bad for baby. Something bad for baby happening at the house = Carrie is banished.
I'll be spending my weekend away running errands, starting a registry (yay!), shopping for baby furniture, and babysitting my niece Haedyn -- so all fun things, thankfully. Maybe being banished isn't all that bad?
Well, not bad for me. Because if I'm banished, that means that lucky Stephen is grounded this weekend to be home for the painters. I'm going to owe him after this weekend (note to self - pick up something for Stephen in your errands this weekend).
I can't wait to have the walls/ceilings be fresh, neutral and ready for curtains/pictures/shelves. Then my house will finally feel like my own -- and I can really dig in on the baby's room. :)
Friday, June 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment