Something has happened in the last few days, and it ain't pretty. I've become clumsy, a bit more confused and generally, pretty emotional. The hormones appear to have taken over and are slowly battling each and every brain cell I have left. And, science shows I'm not alone.
Seriously, it's a condition called "pregnancy brain" -- where the sleep deprivation, emotional rollercoaster and overwhelming amount of baby preparations on our minds hinders us from being, well...normal.
It seems my concentration is truly shattered. Yesterday, I nearly broke my neck slipping on a wet floor in Schnucks. I could barely move for hours afterwards. Then, at my mom and dad's house for dinner, I overflowed a glass of ginger ale (not paying attention), and dropped a very sharp Pampered Chef knife, narrowly missing my bare feet on the floor. Then, I sobbed uncontrollably upon arriving home. This morning, I nearly fell flat on my face trying to walk down the hallway at work.
I'm one of those people who thinks people tripping and/or falling is pretty darn hilarious. I still laugh hysterically thinking about this youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_1YgYdGzXA. (Laughing right now...)...sigh.
But, it's not funny when it's happening to you -- so maybe pregnancy brain is just karma -- paying me back for all the years of snickering when someone trips and/or acts like a clutz. Or, maybe it's the fact that my focus is being drawn to my buddy each time he flips around or pokes me to remind me he's in there. Either way, I guess it's part of life for at least the next 3 months...so watch out. :)
Monday, August 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I literally laughed out loud hysterically reading your post. I feel all your pain and I too am one who laughs at the clumsiness of others, now people are laughing at us (until they see our belly) and then they get worried. Can't wait to hang out soon.
Post a Comment