...in the nursery, that is. After shower #2 last night (btw, so fun and so many cute gifts!), the piles are growing, and now it seems that all the adorable little onesies, blankets, diapers and boxes are just staring at me, begging to be arranged/put away.
For those who know me well, you know I'm a planner. Excuse me, the planner of the century. I organize my life in lists and excel spreadsheets (yes, co-workers, I make thrilling spreadsheets at home, too). So, you can imagine that it's killing me to keep making piles in the baby's room.
But...our closet is empty - no rods or anything. Our room is painted, but likely to be repainted, so it's premature to hang anything on the walls -- and I still have another shower this weekend - so I'm hesitant to open and wash anything yet. (And a wise friend yesterday reminded me that I have no idea what size my little buddy will be when he comes out, so perhaps I won't wash all those newborn-sized clothes until I'm sure he'll need them.)
Essentially, I'm spending part of each evening sitting in my rocker (once I move the piles of sleepers and outfits off of it) and looking around at all the colorful, crinkly, exciting gifts, feeling so loved, and yet so overwhelmed.
Stephen's likely in for a "nice little Saturday" involving the nursery. :)
Friday, September 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment