Tuesday, September 9, 2008

September Showers

This past weekend started a flurry of baby showers for Stephen and I. We're so fortunate to have so many family, friends and co-workers who are generously helping to celebrate our little one's impending arrival.

Shower #1 was a family shower -- and as I expected, it's all a bit overwhelming. Everything was beautiful -- my sisters had every little detail polished, from beautiful blue teddy bear cookie favors to a super cute diaper wreath to delicious appetizers...the list goes on and on. It's never comfortable to sit as the center of attention...but it sure does make you feel loved as you see your family surrounding you with well wishes and advice.

Being home after the shower is even more overwhelming. Our closet has no racks or shelves in it yet...so there's no where to put anything. I wrote out my thank you notes and then began my attempt at organizing things into piles. That should have made me feel better, but instead, it just makes me more nervous. Will I end up with a hundred onesies in one size and none in another? How will I ever know how many diapers is enough? How do I not own a single burp cloth yet?

Showers #2 and 3 are coming this week and weekend, and they're sure to be fun, beautiful and of course...overwhelming. Stay tuned for updates. :)

No comments: